Just like every other things that have basics requirements, and set-up, Medical Laboratory has it own designs to suit the jobs needs.
When starting a medical laboratory, some basic consideration must be taken into account in bring out laboratories design.
In this post, i will outline seven basics, compulsory design laboratory needs.
1. The Laboratory surface must be impervious to water and must be easy to clean.
2. Working bench in the laboratory must be resistance to chemical attacks, such as acids, alkalis, solvents, and disinfectant.
3. Laboratory is not a restaurant, as such accessing the laboratory is restricted to only authorized personnel.
4. For Safety of workers, laboratory must have safety cabinet and room where possiblity of exposure to biological hazards agent be build and in control.
5. Any door that give access to room where infected organisms is, must carry Bio-hazard label.
6. Mechanically ventilated laboratory must maintain inward airflow by extracting to the external atmosphere.
7. Autoclave must be available at all times for waste material sterilization.