lectrolyte is a substance which when melted, will facilitate free flow of electricity. The substance form two charge ions, which are positively charge ions also called cations and negatively charge ion also called anions.
FUNCTION OF ELECTROLYTE IN THE BODY System
lectrolyte substance help to stabilized body fluid, such as water, intracellular fluids etcBelow are the electrolyte substance found in the body systems;
Frequently, potassium, chlorides, and sodium are the most requested electrolyte test by the clinicians. Neutrality of the body system lies on the equal concentration of cation and anion substance in the body system.
FUNCTION OF POTASSIUM AND SODIUM IONS IN THE BODY SYSTEM
For constant correct water balance in the body systems, sodium help the body system to do that, while potassium and sodium are very useful for heart and other muscle activity.
WATER BALANCE IN THE BODY SYSTEMS
In our body system, we have roughly 42 litre total volumes of fluids. Our body system has 60%, where the remaining 40% is share by other fluid in the body system. In and infant total of volume of body is 2 litre, while water occupy 70% of the fluid in the infant body. Now we have three type of fluid, Intracellular fluid, and extracellular fluid. Intracellular fluid, are fluid found inside the cells, where the fluids which were found in between the space of the cell is called extracellular fluid. Plasma, is found in the blood and blood vessels is called intravascular fluid. There is a separation, which separate the intracellular fluid with extracellular fluid, this is called a selective permeable membrane. It is through this membrane that water, electrolyte, urea and amino acid, glucose, are filter to maintain balance of the body fluids. In our next topic, we are going to discuss on the composition of the fluid in our body system.
Be the first to comment